Why choose Membership with the First Coast Classical Dressage Society?
Watch: "What we offer." Slide show!
First Coast Classical Dressage is a Society that is managed by volunteers. Each Board Member places high value and priority upon their position(s) to fulfill the requirements as one would find in privatized for-profit industry with paid Officer positions. We pride ourselves with carrying out a formal business plan. Proper implementation and fulfillment of our duties is essential to each and every member of the Board. We view ourselves as business professionals providing an elite club experience meeting and surpassing the expectations of our clientele.
- Automatic registration as a General Member with the United States Dressage Federation with most Society Membership types. Receive all of the benefits offered by the national organization. https://www.usdf.org/join/memberPerks
- Be a part of an elite dressage club that hosts various affairs throughout the year from social gatherings to clinics to educational symposiums to schooling shows to an annual Year-end Awards Gala
- Support Dressage offerings at the local level to assure a strong dressage community exists on the First Coast in northeast and north central Florida and southern Georgia
- Year-end awards for the Recognized and Schooling Divisions are presented to our Membership annually at our Year-end Gala
- Member scores, points and standings are monitored. There is no need to scan then email or copy then mail or fax in results for year-end awards
- Current Standings for each Level and Division are placed online so riders/owners may monitor their year-end positions and assure accuracy of transparent scores and placings
Social Benefits: all Memberships
Attend all of our events and affairs such as:
- Shows and Clinics
- New and Renewing Member Welcome Gathering
- Share-a-Plate gatherings at each show preceding our Judge Lecture
- Sunset at the Beach night
- Spa-daze day at the Spa
- Year-end Awards Ceremony
- Other "FLASH" Affairs as members wish to organize them
Riding Benefits: Recognized Show Division
- Apply scores obtained at any show in Region 3 toward Society Year-end Awards and Qualifying for Society Championship Finals
- Receive "Wishing You Success in the Saddle." gift bags from our "Rockin' Out Recognized" program when competing at our home showgrounds at Jacksonville Equestrian Center and at other select shows such as GAIG/USDF Regional Dressage Championships
- Participate in our Friday evening ridden clinics prior to each show at Jacksonville Equestrian Center with our guest USEF or FEI licensed judge, "R" candidate or higher
- Participate in our Showposium classes designed to:
- Get you and your horse off of property and into a show environment without the expense of a Recognized show
- Try a new Freestyle or new test level in a more economic environment with qualified officials
- Receive instant feedback after test rides from a licensed USEF/FEI official to maximize your show performance
Riding Benefits: Schooling Show Division
- Participate in five (5) two-day schooling shows annually; for 10 full days of showing.
- Our schooling shows are scheduled every other month, except in the Summer, to allow riders to have time for improvement in their training before being evaluated again.
- Schooling shows are presented in the same manner as Recognized Shows in everything from our Prizelist to our Judges
- Our prizelist and printable show entry form are the exact same as required by USEF for Recognized shows, which allows riders making the leap to Recognized, the ability to be more familiar with the format and requirements.
- Show are conducted in accordance with Federation Rules (see USEF rules /FEI rules)
- Formal show attire for horse and rider is required (see requirements)
- USEF and FEI judges are hired to officiate: "R" candidates through FEI are retained
- Our judges are trained and certified to the levels they will be officiating
- “S” judges to officiate at all levels, including FEI
- “R” judges to officiate levels up to and including Fourth Level
- “r” judges to officiate levels up to and including Second Level
- 'l' Graduates with Distenction may perform clinics
- We call our shows "Showposiums". There are:
- Friday lessons with the Judge
- Saturday evening Judge lecture
- Instant Judge feedback following test rides
- Discussions pertaining to Dressage among Members.
- Our selection of judges allows both horse and rider to be evaluated on the same requirements as expected in a Recognized show envoronment, for a fraction of the financial investment.
- Allows the opportunity to economically evaluate both horse and rider before entering a Recognized show with the value of instant judge feedback
- Allows riders to ride a new freestyle or attempt a higher level of competition in the schooling setting while receiving instant judge feedback
- Affords those that do not plan on showing Recognized the closest experience to a USEF/USDF sanctioned show
- High Point Champion and Reserve ribbons are presented at each show
- Since we are a “Members only” show organization. Show experiences are enhanced by riders being familiar with show safety and etiquette such as:
- Warm up arena rules
- Show arena entry/exit rules
- Loading and unloading considerations
- Stabling considerations
- Fire safety
- Loose horse protocols
- Show grounds speed limits
- All riding members must review and sign the Show Safety and Etiquette Form prior to being permitted to compete at our Showposiums or participate in ridden clinics.
- We offer a new approach to the schooling show experience, enhanced by attention to each and every detail of the show experience - fused with fun, competition, Member socializing and continuing education!